Saturday, March 27, 2010

Velodrome clean up day

Here's an email I recently received from Mike Murray:
We are going to plan to have the annual Alpenrose Velodrome Clean Up day on
Sunday, April 11. I want to make sure that no one does this rather than
going to the Ice Breaker Crit but if you are not going to Eugene and you
want to give back to the bike racing community, hang around with friends
while not dressed in Lycra and help us get ready for the track racing
season, plan to go to Alpenrose Velodrome on 4/11. We will start at 9:00 AM
and be there until late in the afternoon or until we get everything done.
Come for all or part of the day. Plan to paint, pull weeds, put up sponsor
signs, clean buildings and transport the equipment we need out of storage.
We will provide lunch. Like most rack events, this will get rescheduled if
it rains.

Mike Murray

I did this last year and it was a lot of fun. Great way to get a start on your summer tan(bring sun screen because it can get hot out there!)
There should be the requisute track photo but I'm enjoying a vacation in sunny California so I thought I would just share a photo of that instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment